How to enable long videos on YouTube? You might have tried to upload videos longer than 15 minutes on YouTube but would have failed terribly. The reason being YouTube has set 15 minutes to upload the video on it.
This, however, can cause inconvenience to certain people as most of our videos are longer than 15 minutes. So, what to do in that case? How to enable long videos on YouTube? Well, it is possible to upload long videos on YouTube, so don’t worry. You just have to verify your account on YouTube.
Stick to this article and find out how?
How to enable long videos on YouTube?
The process of uploading long videos on YouTube is fairly simple. Just follow the given steps and you would be able to upload longer videos in no time.
Steps to upload longer videos on YouTube from a web browser:
- Open any web browser on your desktop.
- Search for the verify page on your YouTube account through https://www.youtube.com/verify
- You will see the option “Select your country” on the verification page.
- Select the country you live in from the drop-down list.
- Next, you would have to choose the option by which you would like to receive the verification code. This can be either through an automated voice call or through a text message. Generally, people prefer a text message.
- Next, you would be asked to choose the language to receive the verification code.
- Enter your mobile number in the given space.
Make sure your mobile is switched on and the number is working.
- After giving your mobile number, you would receive a text message. Type the code sent to your number in the text box.
- Finally, click on submit.
- You will receive a notification when YouTube upgrades your account.
If you want to see the status of your verification, go to the “Account Features” page. You would be able to see “Verified” right below your name.
Once your account is verified, you can then upload videos of more than 15 minutes duration.
Steps to upload longer videos on YouTube through mobile or using YouTube App:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile.
- Upon opening the app, you will see a “+” icon at the bottom of your screen. Tap on that.
- After that, a pop-up box with the option “Upload a video” will appear.
- Select the desired video that you want to upload. Note that the video should be more than 15 minutes in length.
In case, this is the first video that you are uploading, you will have to create an account first.
- YouTube will ask you certain details. Fill that and tap on “Next”.
- Next, you would be asked to select the audience type for which the video is to be uploaded.
- Finally, you would reach the page asking you to “Verify your account”. Fill in the necessary details there.
- Select the option to receive the verification code through an automated voice call or text message.
- Once you submit the code, your account verification will be done and you would be able to upload longer videos.
So, now you see how simple and convenient it is to upload videos longer than 15 minutes on YouTube? Follow the above-mentioned steps and get access to uploading longer videos.
Just remember that the maximum upload size is 120 GB or 12 hours. So, try to keep your videos of this length or compress them using any editing software before proceeding to upload them.
Hopefully, our guide is helpful enough to let you add videos longer than 15 minutes on your YouTube account.
If you are looking for amazing video editing or video marketing services, contact us. Ranolia Ventures is a leading Digital Marketing Company that can help you with the promotion of your videos across various social media platforms through SMO or SMM services.
Get in touch to know more.